The answer to the question “How to put a picture on your Instagram Story” is pretty straightforward. Thanks to Instagram, you just need to select any picture you want, edit it and simply share it. You can select a picture from your phone or use the camera to capture a moment.
There are some tips and tricks that can be used to make the process of putting a picture on Instagram Story much easier. You should know that any Story will be gone after 24 hours, however, you can save the Story in the Story highlight section.
3 simple ways to open up the Story share section
Firstly, you need to access the Story share section. In the newest updates, you have 3 ways to open this section.
- Press the camera icon on the top left
- Swipe right the whole screen
- Press the plus button on the top left (besides your profile picture)
You can use these three simple ways to put a picture in your Instagram Story.
Note: If you have already shared content on your Instagram Story, you can’t use the 3rd way mentioned above. You have to use the other two ways to share an Instagram Story.
How to choose content for your Instagram Story?
If you have opened the Story section, the rest is much easier. You can choose a picture from your gallery or take a picture using your camera. Here’s how:
- Tap the button on the screen to take a picture. You can also hold the button to record a video. Note that the maximum length of a Story video is 15 sec.
- Pull up to choose from your phone storage. The default option is gallery which contains all of your media, but you can choose another path on your phone, to select an image (for instance Whatsapp or Camera). You can also share multiple photos at once by hitting the button on the right side of this screen.
After choosing the picture for your Instagram Story, you can try and edit it. You can use GIFs, text, sticker and other cool stuff shown on the top of your Story share section.
Publishing the Instagram Story
When all your editing is finished, you can publish your Instagram Story. You have 3 options on the bottom of your screen. Let’s discuss and see what they can do:
- If you press the “Your Story” button, it will directly share your Story for your followers.
- The option which is named “Send to” will take you to another page. In this page, you have multiple choices. The first option is “Your Story” which will again share your Story to your followers. The second one will share the Story only to your close friends (we will talk about it in a moment). You can also choose one of your friends/groups to send the Story to them.
- You can also share the Story only for your “Close Friends”. If you already have a close friend list, this button will directly share the Story for them. If not, then it asks you to make a list.
You can use the Story feature to boost your Instagram Story. More than half the Instagram people use Stories on a daily basis. You should be as creative as possible in your Instagram Story to help you attract more followers. If interested, read more about the algorithm behind Instagram Story.